Wednesday, February 21, 2024

production - a dive into filming



 Hello everyone!

    Welcome back to another blog! Did you miss me? In the previous blog, I talked about our experience at the fair when first entering, and the problems that arose from it. Today, however, I'll go more in-depth about our filming experience. 

    Because we were short on time, we had to improvise our filming schedule so that filming was more efficient. For example, in our second scene after getting tickets, we were going to do our establishing shot on a Ferris wheel. However, the line was long and was far away. So, we decided to do that last. 

    Another issue that came up while filming was that we noticed as we talked and looked back at the film, It was very hard to hear us. So, after some thinking, we decided that we were just going to film everything and in the moments where we talked, we would do a voice-over.

    It was fun to mess around with different angles of different shots. However, we had to make sure that we included all the mandatory shots. It was also important that we went to the right locations for shots, to make the scenery more exciting. 

    As time went on, we were losing more and more time, and we were getting worried that there would not be enough time to film our shots. On top of this, a big problem came up regarding the mirror maze itself, but I'll talk about that in the next blog. 

    Something I feel like I could have done better in some of the scenes is my acting. Because we were late on time, some of the scenes I and my groupmates had to rush on. So, I would tend to rush some of the shorter scenes, and you can tell in the clips. However, it's not too big of a deal because most of the scenes are short.

    All in all, the filming went relatively well regarding our time. Stay tuned for the next blog where I go into detail about the mirror maze saga!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Video