Friday, September 8, 2023

Intro Blog


Hi everyone,

    My name is Madeleine Merrick, and I was born on March 17, 2008. I have a few hobbies, which include sailing, drawing, and soccer. I am somewhat serious about soccer, and I've been playing it ever since I can remember. I have been playing for the same club for about 7 years now. I only really sail over summer break, and I volunteer at a sailing camp in Martin County, getting about 200 hours' worth of service hours every summer. I've been going there for a few years, and it's one of the many things I look forward to when summer comes around. 
    
    I was born in Florida and have lived there all my life. I've never left the United States, but I really want to travel around Europe and visit Lithuania, because that is where my dad's side is from. My dad owns a business, and my mother works for outdoor education around the world, specifically for preschoolers. I don't know what I want to do when I'm older, but I've always loved science, math, and space.

    I don't draw anymore, but I miss when that was practically all I would do. In 8th grade, I participated in a statewide holocaust reflection contest and won 1st place, along with a $1,000 reward. It was such a great experience, and all the winners from every category were able to meet a holocaust survivor, and that was one of my favorite parts of the whole experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Video